Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Friday Part I: Indian Marbles

Wow, what a weekend. So many things happened during those three blissful days, so I'm going to break up these posts. Partly so I don't have to try and organize the pictures into one really long post. But mostly so I can have a whole bunch of posts for the month of February. I know that's cheating, but I haven't had a month with a bunch of posts in a long time. Get over it.

This post is going to be about Indian Marbles. On Friday, we went to Snow Canyon so the kids could find some marbles. They are little pieces of rock that have eroded off the big rock, but they wear down to (almost) perfectly round balls. I've been told that back in the day, the little indian kids used to play with them. Not sure if that's really true, but I like to think it is.

Here is a picture of all the kids except Bethany (she didn't come until Saturday). I love the red rocks against the blue sky. And as you can see, it was a beautiful day.


Grandpa and his boys. Aren't they so cute! I mean, handsome...



I haven't taken one of these pictures for so long. As you can tell, I'm a bit rusty with the self-portrait - back in the day, I was pretty good at leaving my arm out of the picture.

I included this picture for two reasons. One, so you can see the nobbies on the rocks where the marbles are forming. And two, because not very long after this picture, Emma was running around on the rocks (after she had repeatedly been told not to), and she tripped and fell. But she jumped up and said, "I'm ok Mom. I'm not bleeding." and continued on her merry way.

0 comments: