**Warning: Spoiler alert**
So the other day, Nick and I decided to rent a movie. Off to the Redbox we go. Actually, I set up an account online, so I go on there and reserve a movie (with Nick's credit card) and then send him to pick it up. So I rented Nights in Rodanthe. It was really good! Until the last half hour, that is. She falls in love with the man of her dreams at a cute little B&B on the beach (they are the only ones there). So romantic! Then he goes to see his son in Ecuador and they write the cutest letters back and forth for a couple months-ish. So the day before he's supposed to come back, he gets caught in a mudslide and DIES!
What happened to the good old chick flick days when you could count on a happily ever after? That's the reason I love them - they give you a warm fuzzy feeling at the end, and you can count on it.
I guess between my Dr.P and chick flicks, I am stuck in the past.
But what a good past it was.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
If It's Not Broken...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I know i actually Read the Book a few months ago, and after i read it i didn't want to see the movie! I was so Sad that he Died! Cuz they are So SO Perfectly Cute together!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!! On the baby!! That is so exciting.
I saw that movie in the theater and thought who wouldn't fall in love when you are in that quaint little inn on the beach with no one else around. The outer banks, where the movie takes place, is right in Aunt Yvonne's neck of the woods. Aunt K
I think you and my mom just saw the same movie! She didn't tell me the name of it, she just told me how upset she was that it had a sad ending and she was hoping for a cute little love movie with a happy ending! I'll have to ask her what movie she saw!
I concur what ever happened to "happily ever after"? Well my dear friend, I am so excited about your good news, you are going to be an AWESOME mamma!
~CONGRATULATIONS~
I am so excited for you-I am so glad you haven't been too sick (must be a boy ;) Thanks for the post, definitely will not see that movie~ I need the happy ever after ending!
how's mommy k?
Post a Comment