Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

My poor husband had to work on Saturday. If I was a good wife, I would have gotten up with him and sent him on his way. But turns out, I'm not, so I stayed in bed. But when I did get up, I found this on the kitchen counter: The puppy is holding the sweetest v-day card in his mouth. But what you can't see is that he also did the dishes before he left. Definitely a keeper! After he got off work, we had a steak dinner, then went to Home Depot and bought PAINT! Now don't get too excited. The color is called "Navajo White" - what I like to call "cream". But we both really like it. Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment.

Before: The walls are white and the carpet is kind of a blue-gray. Blah.

After:
I painted a bit of the wall and put the carpet sample up to it. Which is kind of misleading because that's not really how the carpet looks, but you get the general idea.

Preparing to paint:
I know it looks like he is happy and having fun, but don't be fooled. He HATES painting. With a passion. Add that to his hatred of ladders (see next picture), and you get a very fake smile. He was actually saying something, but I can't repeat it in mixed company, or repeat it at all.

I like this picture because you can see the difference in color. But I like it even more because that is where the moose lives, but we had to take it down to paint (obviously). Oh how I wish it could stay down forever...

A finished wall. I was very worried about my piano getting painted so I had to cover it. So far, so good.

If you don't like dead animals (or are named Annie), stop reading now.
This is our new security system. It has kept the burglars out all weekend. Well there was one that tried to come in last night, but he got speared, and we had to call an ambulance.
*Don't worry, I know it's not a moose. It's just one more way I like to irritate my husband... :)

2 comments:

Jade and Anne said...

That's the color of my house!! I really like it! Pretty much everything goes with it!!! Nice deer head too by the way...

Jared & Shannon said...

I like the color! That is going to look so good when its all done and I love the carpet too. I am glad you finally get to paint!