Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Saturday Part II: The Party

If you guessed pink, you're RIGHT! If you're reading these in the correct order, that would make sense. We had the party in a church gym and EVERYTHING was decorated pink. Even Grandmother. We all waited on one end of the gym for her to come in, all fifty-ish of us. We started singing happy birthday as soon as she walked in.

The plan was to give her 80 presents, and they either had to be pink or wrapped in pink. Most of them were both. I don't think she got quite 80, but there sure were a lot!


It's really helpful that her birthday is a week after Valentine's Day. Not only is there a plethora of pinatas (name that movie!), I mean a plethora of pink, but it's all on clearance! I love the tiara - why didn't I think of that???


This present is a result of being at Walmart WAY too late. We wrapped it and put "To my sweetheart, from your honey bunch".


David was packing around a cup of m&ms and kisses. My cousins Chris and Jason kept filling it up for him until he was bouncing off the walls. It doesn't take much sugar to get a 2-year-old wound up. Kelly took it away from him and he threw a fit! And my cousins thought it was too funny, of course. Which it was pretty funny (sorry Kelly!)

I just had to include this picture of my sweet little cuddle bug Cierra. She is just a doll. She has such a tender little heart and I love her to pieces!

It was so fun to have the whole Jensen clan together for one afternoon. Everyone was there except for two grandkids and two grandkids-in-law. It would have been only ONE grandkid-in-law if SOMEONE had taken off work and come to the party... yes I'm talking about you Nick.

5 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

I win I win!!....the movie: the 3 Amigos!!


Love that movie!

and Love that grandmother is all about the pink! Tiara and all!

what a fun time you had here!

Spencer and Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*TAMI* said...

Karalynn~
What a fun time with the fam! My Grams 80th is this November. We hope she is around so we can throw a fun bash! I did a double take on the picture of you with the fake belly! I hated shopping for prego pants. I actually have only bought one pair that I like for my 1st into 2nd trimester. They were from Target and under 30 bucks if you are still looking! Loved reading about what you have been up to! I LOVE Cafe Rio. They have one in Logan so when we can go out, we usually go there (and Brendan can eat there so double points!)! I am excited about the one in Twin!

Nichole said...

i love it when you post long blog posts because i can TOTALLY hear you talking and they sound just like you and i sure miss my friend karalynn!

are you going to branden severe's wedding reception? we're going down. he's getting married on our 15 year anniversary so we're making a long trip out of it. staying in jackpotty saturday night going to church in hollister on sunday.

if you are NOT coming (shame shame i know your name) then let's have lunch when we come through boise eh?

got excited about that prego belly picture. i'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I had to show Chris your blog about the candy and cup and the refilling. He was telling me that story on the way back home. I was shaking my head and laughing. Then when it appeared on your blog, I had him look at it. He got a kick out of that. Apparently you downplayed the fit that David pitched when Kelly took his cup away.