Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Update From Monday

Oops! I'm a little slow with this one - sorry!

Dear family and friends: Another rough weekend. He didn't have too much pain on Sat but when he got up and decided he needed to do something he was just really weak. He then got blocked again on Sunday. Back to enema and extra miralax. We never know what seems to cause it. We really try to figure out what he may eat or do and it never seems to make sense. It always just makes him sick and in pain. He has more pain this weekend than usual. I am sure it is the radiation building up that is causing it. We have hydrocodone for pain that the Dr gave him but we don't dare use it because it causes constipation. It is a viscous circle. We just alternate Tylenol and ibuprophen. He will be done on Thursday!!!! I am sure the pain will still be there because the radiation works for about 2 weeks after it is done, but hopefully he will just feel better without the chemo. I am hoping so. He didn't go to work today. Still just in too much pain and feeling too weak.

I think I told you that we fired his oncologist here and got a new one. Well they cancelled his appointment with the one and didn't make one with the other Dr. I'll tell you what, working with this place is tough. The nurses and radiation techs are great. The only bright spot in our treatment here. I had to bake over the weekend so he can take treats to them on his last day in treatment.

I hope our report next week will be a good one. Hope you all have a good week. Love, Jolene

0 comments: