Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update

Dear family and friends: Quick update. We had another rough weekend. We were again walking the bowel land mine. When we talked to the oncologist here, Chuck was listing the medicines he takes and listed miralax. She said "Well you won't be taking that much longer." that is because the chemo will give him diarrhea. Well, he had one bout with it and was told to take an Imodium, which he did and then he quit taking the Miralax. Big mistake (again). He was miserable all weekend. He was back on the old regimen of 4 miralax and stool softeners a day. Probably way more information than you all want to know but none the less he made a little progress yesterday. He was up every hour all night and very weak this morning. He postponed his radiation this morning to rest. We keep hoping that we will have a good weekend. We did celebrate Valentines day. We wore red T shirts and gave each other gifts. I gave him a padded toilet seat, I know very romantic. He was really excited about it. (I think he would have liked it heated too). I got sugar free candy (very good). Oh how romance changes as we age.

By the way, I am taking up a collection, We have been using toilet paper by the case. (I thought having all of my granddaughters at my house at once used a lot but no where near this.) So, any of you who wish to donate to a good cause feel free to send a roll. It must be soft. We have tender bums.

We love and appreciate all of you and can feel your concern and prayers daily. Love to you all, Jolene

1 comments:

Kimberlee said...

So that's were you get all for funnyness from. Your mama! She's funny.

Still praying!