Dear family and friends: You are probably tired of hearing from me. Just a quick update. Chuck had his first chemo and radiation yesterday. He was there at 10:00 am and we left at about 4:00. First time logistics. He started the oral chemo in the morning and then had the infusion of chemo by IV and then radiation. All went well. He looked a little pale when I got there but was in good spirits and had been harassing the help (as usual). We went to the pharmacy to get yet another prescription for nausea and I thought we would be headed home because I thought he would be sick to his stomach. He wanted to go to a store to look at an ipod thing. After that he wanted to go to centennial park and we went for a walk and then he wanted to go out to dinner and we got some ribs and took some home. I thought he would be worn out but he even did some stuff at home. He was tired after that and he watched a little TV and was ready for bed. Virgil gave him a good blessing before we started this and the blessing is already being realized. He had a good night and felt good this morning too. He had his second radiation this morning at 9:45 and came to my office after that and a visit with the radiation Dr. He was very tired. I don't know if it is the nausea medication or just the radiation. He called a few minutes ago and said that he got a call from one of the Dr's that we met with at Huntsman and they presented his case before their tumor board yesterday and they agreed completely with the treatment plan and felt that with the 2 small spots in his liver they felt confident that he could be cured. The first really good news we have had. He felt very encouraged. It is still going to be a long haul but he is tough and he can do it. We know these are blessings from prayers and fasting by family and friends. We appreciate you so much and express our gratitude to our Father daily for your support and love. I will continue to keep you informed but hopefully we will be on a routine for the next few weeks. Love to you all. Jolene
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear the prognosis is positive.
I know they are great at Huntsman because a friend of mine in UT was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer last Summer and just last month finished her last round of chemo and is now Cancer free!
Tell the old bird I love him and I am praying for him and your family!
XOXO,
Karen Callahan
we are NOT sick of hearing. more news is better than no news. GOD BLESS!
thanks for the update. So glad to hear that things are going as well as they could be. Love ya!
We are keeping your Dad and family in our prayers.
Post a Comment