Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Three More Days

I had another checkup today. Blood pressure is still ok, and baby is not dropping AT ALL. So it doesn't look like I will be one of the 3% of women who deliver on their due date.

Now I'm going to share with you a little story about my Dad. It has nothing to do with anything, but I thought it was kinda funny. The last time my parents were up here, Dad and Nick went to Sportsman's Warehouse. On the way there, they passed the Krispy Kreme shop so Dad could get some gourmet donuts. The girl at the register told him that each donut was $1.01 with tax, so he decided to get five donuts for a total of $5.05. Then she told him that he should just get six, because that was a better deal. Well it didn't take much to talk him into picking out another donut, so he took his treasures to the register. She then charged him $6.06. How is that a better deal? "It just is" was her answer. I don't really understand her logic, but it was a good enough sales pitch, because he ended up spending more than he planned on. I guess if it works, it works.

2 comments:

Jade and Anne said...

Wow. Are they off on your due date?

Nichole said...

ohmigosh omigosh omigosh! you're so close to being a real live mommy! not that you're not a mommy NOW but pretty soon you'll be able to HOLD your MOMMYNESS!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!