Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Camping Fun

The other day we went camping with my parents. Or was it a few months ago? Either way, it was fun, blah blah. We went on this little hike and I took this picture of my folks.

Aren't they cute?
Anyways, the point of this post is to tell the following story:
Nick and I are tent-campers, and I like totes. So when we go camping, I pack everything in totes. Except for the food that needs to be in a cooler - that goes in the cooler. I put most of the other food in a tote, such as the bread, chips, snacks, and cooking stuff. Well one afternoon, somebody didn't put the lid on the tote. Nick says it was me, but I doubt it. Ok so it was. So Dad and I were sitting at the picnic table playing cribbage and the tote was about 10 feet away. We noticed a little chipmunk scampering towards the tote. He jumped up on the dutch oven box, then into the tote, took a chunk of bread, and ran away. It's true! He really did. So after he left, I went to check it out. Turns out he had been working at it for a while. There was a big hole in the bread bag and a bunch of it was gone. We laughed about it for a few minutes, until I noticed chipmunk poo in the bottom. Then I got mad. Then I almost hurled. So I put the lid on tight and went back to finish the game, which I lost. A few minutes later, the little punk was back. But imagine his surprise when he couldn't get to his treasure. Ha! He looked really confused. He kept jumping on the tote, then jumping off, then running around it, then back on it. He left a couple times, but then he would be back a few minutes later. I think he finally got mad and left, because we never saw him again.
The end.
Oh and I cleaned out the poo and threw out the bread and sanitized my tote.
The end.

3 comments:

Tyler and Emily said...

You are too funny. That is a hilarious story about the chipmunks. The matching ties are cute too in the prior post. Does your husband like hankerchiefs too? I personally can't stand them. Wow...I can't believe that you are almost due. How fun! Thank you for the card. You are too sweet.

Spencer and Mindy said...

silly lil' chipmunk! doesn't he know that Poo is not the payment for bread! ;)

cute pics of your parents! they are so adorable!! haa haa!

oh and love the 'matching' suits for church...for daddy and ben! too cute!

Anonymous said...

I am a tote and tent camper too! But I didn't ever think of saying it that way, but now I am going to. I have a new identity. Thanks. Aunt K