I had to go back to the hospital today so they could check my blood pressure again. Good news - it's not as high as it has been. Turns out work is unhealthy for me. But because I am on bed rest, that is the only exciting thing that has happened today, and that's not very exciting. So I will share with you a story from when Nick and I first started dating. Well, I guess it was right before we were really "dating".
Anyways, we had planned a camping trip to Bear Lake with a bunch of friends, I think it was the weekend after Labor Day. Early in September. There were five of us going from Boise, and meeting some friends from Logan. So we all piled into Nick's pickup and drove down. My roommates knew I was kinda interested in him, so they made sure I sat in the front in the middle next to him, and it was oh so subtle. He said that I was in charge of the radio and the temperature stuff.
So we're probably about halfway there, and everyone was having a grand time. Then Nick told me he was cold. Well, thought I, this is a good opportunity for a little flirting. So instead of just turning up the heater, I said, "Would you like me to warm you up?"
Silence.
Awkward silence.
"What did you say?" That's it. That was his response. Ouch. I don't remember what happened next; it's too painful of a memory. I'm sure I turned red, mumbled something, and turned on the heater. To this day, he still claims that he really just didn't hear what I said. But I guess I didn't screw everything up, because it was only a couple weeks after that when he took me home with him to go fishing for his birthday. Then we started dating, yada yada yada, and I'm due to have his offspring in 8 days.
The end.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Eight More Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Funny story!
As a former bed rester I would recommend finding a book series to read. I read the Mitford Seried by Jan Karon. Easy read and also entertaining.
You could also rent all seasons of The Office. All of the laughing could send you into labor!
I am looking forward to the little ones arrival.
I think there was a lot of yada yada and yada going on between now and 2 years ago. Mom
Laughing at your mom's comment. :)
Too funny.
Post a Comment