Dear Family & Friends: We went to see the oncologist here on Tuesday and she was still not willing to start his chemo. He is just too sick so we went to Huntsman yesterday to see the surgeon. She came in the room and told us that she thought this would resolve and told us our oncologist would not start chemo. I think after she looked at him and realized how much pain he was in she became a little more concerned. I told her how much pain he had on Sunday and told her I was afraid that the abscess had broken because his left cheek was swollen. (more info than you wanted I know). She then did a proctoscopy (like a really short colonoscopy). She then used a camera and a vacuum and vacuumed out the abscess and opened the area into the rectum wider so it will drain better. It was very painful for him and I think she realized how inflamed and sore he was. It took a while for him to recuperate enough to even stand up. I was wishing they had just put him in a twilight sleep or something. She agreed with me on the abscess breaking and again put him on the high-powered antibiotic. She then agreed that he should wait to start his chemo. I am so tired of seeing him in so much pain. (Not at much as he is.) She wants us back there on Thursday to have another CT scan of his liver and his abdomen to see if the abscess is staying down. She will then see him on Friday morning. She told us she was leaving on that Friday but she postponed her trip to see him. (Probably will leave after she sees him but if she did postpone it then that makes me nervous too because she thinks it is serious. I guess I can worry about anything.) He is still very weak and in pain this morning and Jennifer went out to stay with him for a while. I do feel hopeful that this will work in the long run. He was at least willing to stay home today. Continue to keep us in your prayers, we still need it and I know it helps. Love to you all. Jolene
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment