I decided yesterday that I am no longer going to take my baby to his doctor appointments with me. He is too wild and makes it hard to keep him under control while talking to the doctor. He throws everything on the floor, rips up all the paper on the table, and generally wreaks havoc in the room. I swear it took me a half hour just to get him dressed after, he kept rolling over and over.
I should probably warn you now that this might turn into a long detailed post, so feel free to look away now.
The good news is that my little boy is getting fat. Well, getting fatter at least. He gained 1 lb 2 oz in the last four weeks, so now he is up to 17 lbs 1 oz. That puts him at 13%, up from the 10% last time. But, he also grew a full inch, so now he's 29" tall. That's 90%. He can hardly gain weight fast enough to keep up with his height.
The little stinker also decided to wean himself. That's right, he's a formula baby now. We've been fighting for the last few weeks. I try to make him nurse, and he won't do it. One time I tried to feed him and he cried and cried and pushed me away, so I made him a bottle of formula, and he gulped the sucker down. That was the beginning of the end. But I was stubborn and didn't want to give up.
Then last week he decided to use me as a chew toy - not fun at all! - and then started biting and pulling away, keeping a death grip with his teeth. He bit so hard he made me bleed. I had to call my mom and my sister for sympathy.
I could still use some... :)
I spent a few days feeling like a horrible mom, but I admit it is a bit of a relief. I was getting really nervous about feeding him because I'm not that tough and I don't really like pain all that much. And it was really painful. But the doctor told me yesterday that I'm not a bad mom and he's a healthy baby so that helped.
And then SOMEBODY (you know who you are!) told me that my baby doesn't need me anymore. Ouch. I would tell you who she is so you could harass her, but I think she felt bad enough when she said it. But I still need to tease her a little.
Oh one more thing - somewhere during the biting days, I got mastitis.
The end.



5 comments:
Dang girl! Rough week. How's your pa?
I just want to say I'm sorry and I have sympathy for you! Or is it empathy? I get them confused. And once again can I say mr benjamin is such a cutie!
oh that all sounds like NOT much fun at all! as for reaking havoc at the dr...it only get's worse.. lol
but the nursing, i ran dry at 2.5 months and was so 'relieved' (almost) when sophee was on formula..the cost wasn't fun, but my boobies thanked me for it! ;)
I for one was not a fan of nursing, i only did it for my baby...it's something i'm not looking forward to doing with baby Logan in a few months... yikes!
and your NOT a bad mom, and your lil' ben totally NEEDS YOU like CRAZY!!!!
I too advocate not taking your baby with you to their check up. Mine starts screaming from beginning to end. Just mention a stethascope and ginormous tears form in his little eyes. It's tramatic.
And you pooor poooor baby, biting, mastitis, I feel so sorry for you, and so should everyone else!
That help :-)
Who in the heck said your baby didn't need you??? Whoever it is, is not a very good friend...
Post a Comment