Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 17, 2008

My new calling

I just got another calling at church. Now, not only am I the ward choir accompanist, I'm also the Music Time Leader in Nursery. Yesterday was my first day. I spent the hour during sunday school singing primary songs with little kids. It seriously made my day, it was so fun! There are about 20 of them, and they are split up into three classes, by their ages.

The one-year-olds didn't know very many songs, but they love hearing you sing. So I spent the 20 minutes playing with them and singing to them with their nursery teachers. They are such cute little babies! There is one boy named Timmy who is my favorite (don't tell). His dad is our home teacher, so he came to our house last month. He was so excited about Halloween, he kept saying "punkins!" whenever he saw one. And the week before Halloween, there were a lot.

Then I went to the two-year-old class. They were more attentive and sang some songs with me, but it is going to be a challenge to keep their attention. There are four little girls in that class, and they are all so sweet. They were telling me what songs they wanted to sing, and I was trying to figure out what they were saying.

Then the three-year-old class. Obviously, they paid better attention. We all sat in a circle and I asked them what songs they knew. We sang Popcorn Popping, Three Little Monkeys, and the ABCs. We had to sing every one twice. After that they were pretty wound up and having fun. Then I asked them if they knew I am a Child of God. We got ready to sing that one and they all sat down in their seats, so reverent and still, and sang it with me. Most of them knew it word for word. It almost made me cry! They are such sweet little stinkers.

It's probably bad to say this so don't judge me, but I'm going to enjoy this a lot more than going to sunday school!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

send me some great ideas for nursery singing. i'm the primary chorister and we have crazy kowabunga boys in nursery (my boy included) that really enjoy NOT singing

Spencer and Mindy said...

oh that sounds WAY more fun that sunday school!! they just sound adorable, and I know that you ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
you are just Perfect for that job!

Lacy said...

You would be the cutest most fun nursery singer person!

Stop eating babies...too funny.

Derek frequently responds to me while he's sleeping to. It can be quiter fun.