Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

On Getting Old

I know that once you get married, you turn into an boring old married woman. I thought I was prepared for this already, and had fully accepted it. Over the past few months I've even come to enjoy being old and boring. Well, I had a conversation with a classmate yesterday that made me realize I have taken to being old a little too soon.

To give you a little background on this classmate (besides driving me nuts every day in class by making stupid comments and jokes), he has revealed that he is 39 years old.

Him: Did you used to party back in the day? You look like someone I used to party with.

Me: Uh, no.

Him: Ok, you must just resemble her. I used to party a lot, but I quit about eleven years ago.

There was a lot more to the conversation, but the rest was about our audit test, accounting test, and econ test (yes, I have three painful classes with him). Afterwards, I was thinking about what he said. He thought I was someone he partied with over a decade ago - I couldn't drive a decade ago, let alone party. How old does he think I am??? I wanted to ask him, but I was afraid the answer would be too depressing.

I remember when I was a teenager, and people would think I was in my twenties. It was so neat! I felt all grown up and mature. Now I'm in my twenties, and people think I'm 40.

Talk about a slap in the face.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL As a matter of fact that got a good belly laugh out of me. I always had the exact opposite problem. They always thought I was 10 years younger, but now that I am more ish than I care to admit, they guess my correct age!! Auntie K

Spencer and Mindy said...

haa haa haa! i don't mean to laugh at your expence, but that made me laugh pretty good!! :) And BOY did we Party back in the day...but that wasn't quite 10 years ago, maybe 4 or 5...good times.

Who cares how old you look, as long as your happy and healthy that's really all that matters! I love you Gal! and I DON'T THINK YOU LOOK A DAY OVER 20!!

Nichole said...

if you didn't have so much grey hair, it wouldn't be a problem.

Lacy said...

LOL , but they think you're one of the hip 40 yr olds that they used to party with. :) you don't look old missy, oops, mrs. You carry yourself maturely, you always have, even when you are silly and hilarious it still comes across mature .. somehow. That is a gift you know.