Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Update

Dad's still in the hospital. He still is bloated and has bad hiccups. They went for a little walk yesterday and he had a hiccup fit and it was so bad he couldn't breathe and he threw up all over everything. On Saturday he had a bowel movement. I thought they did an ileostomy to stop that, but Mom said they basically told her that it can happen, something about getting irritated or something.

I'm probably not the best person to be sending these emails. I think some information is lost in the translation from the doctor to Mom to me. I guess if something is totally off, she can correct it when she gets back. :)

They did some x-rays this morning to see what was wrong. They thought part of his colon might still be asleep and that would cause him to be bloated and backed up. Everything looks good and they aren't worried about anything. Turns out that he's just full of gas. I don't know about you, but I'm not terribly surprised. The bloating irritates the diaphragm, which makes him hiccup, which makes him take in more air and more gas, it's a vicious cycle. The doc gave him some muscle relaxants to help him pass some gas (like he needs any help). His Mom is on her way up today to go see him. I guess you never get too old to worry about your baby. And babies never get too old to need their moms.

Mom said they wouldn't give her any idea of when he will be able to leave now. Other than the bloating and hiccups, he is doing really well, he is up and moving around and not taking too much pain medication, so when they get that taken care of he should be ready to go.

I don't know about you guys, but I know WAY more about my Dad's bum than I ever wanted to.

0 comments: