Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Update

Dad had a rough night last night. His innards have been waking up the last couple days from the surgery, but his guts got backed up and his stomach is distended. Mom says it looks and sounds like a ripe watermelon. Well, I don't think it's green, at least I hope it isn't. Anyway, he was really bloated and his stomach was putting pressure on his lungs, so he wasn't getting enough oxygen, and I think his lungs were partially collapsed. But the nurses rushed right in and took good care of him. Mom didn't get any sleep because she was trying to keep him from pulling his oxygen mask off.
Apparently he was dreaming about little blue and green airplanes and they were running out of gas and he was going to use his oxygen to fill them up.
He has had really bad hiccups the last couple days, but the doctor said it's normal, and I don't remember what else Mom said about that (sorry). So because of his "episode" last night, he won't be able to go home tomorrow.
Probably Monday or even Tuesday. Other than that, he is doing really well.
Everything is awake and working right, and the doctor says he looks good and all that. He's had a bath and gone for a walk and they've met with the
doctor to learn how to take care of his poo-bag. Adam and Kelly went down
to visit today, and the kids thought it was pretty cool to see grandpa's guts. Mom said they acted almost shy around him, I'm sure because they were threatened on the way down to behave and not touch anything or hurt grandpa.
They stayed for a few minutes, and Dad enjoyed the visit. I think that's about it for now. Sorry for the lack of technical terms. Happy Mothers Day! Don't forget to call your mothers tomorrow.

1 comments:

Home Dawg Ed LLC said...

Did they "install" and ostomy bag? My Grammy had one after her surgery for rectal cancer. After learning it, I didn't mind it at. Quite convenient. Good luck for them with that.