Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 5, 2009

Welcome!

Oh hi. I'm Karalynn, and I guess I'm supposed to be posting things on this blog.

Oops.

This kind of reminds me of when I was younger, and I would get the urge to start writing in my journal. I would write faithfully for a while, then I would slack off. I would get it out again after what felt like a few days, only to find out it was a month or two since my last entry. Needless to say, my childhood journals have many entries starting with "Wow, time really flies! A lot has happened in the last two months."

Well, a lot has happened in the last two months, but I won't bore you with all the fishing reports. We did take my brother's kids fishing the other weekend, so I will show you the only fish we caught:Isn't she cute! My niece, not the fish. I have no idea if the fish is a girl or a boy. I do not know, nor do I care, as my dad would say. And please do not notice my husband's shorts, tube socks, and boots. Old habits die hard.

Tomorrow is our first anniversary. How time flies! If you will recall this time last year, my blog was full of flowers, fabric, and decorations. Now all I have are pictures of fish. But all those fish were caught with my cute hubby, so it's all worth it. Turns out married life is pretty darn good. Anyways, we are going to Paris this weekend for Nick's niece's baptism, so we went to dinner the other night. We went to one of those Japanese steak houses where you sit around the grill and they cook your food and flip shrimp into your mouth. It's the same restaurant we went to almost two years ago when we were first dating. It was a few days before Nick's birthday, and I asked him what he was doing for his birthday because I wanted to make him dinner. He said he was going to Bear Lake to go fishing and wanted me to come along, and the rest is history.

Because of our anniversary, and I am six months pregnant (yikes!), and I have been a slacker on here lately, I have decided to share my first official belly picture with you. I wanted a six month picture to compare to my three month picture with the fake belly to see how accurate it is. The problem with the fake belly is that it doesn't add on all the "extra" to the rest of my body.And if you look closely, you can see a sliver of the green wall in the baby's room. Which I really love now. And Nick has quit complaining about the glow in the dark room, so life is good. I made a crib skirt and curtains, but it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it. So as soon as I get it perfected, I will take some pictures.

We are currently attending the "Childbirth Preparation" classes. Now the big debate is Labor: epidural or natural? On my tough days, I decide to go all natural. On my less tough days, I'm leaning more towards the drugs.

The other day I was watching a couple of my brother's kids while they were at the doctor. Those kids are just too cute. Emma, 4, and David, 2, are still processing the concept of a baby growing in Aunt Karalynn's belly. David likes to pat my belly and say, "there's a baby in your belly." Or sometimes it's a chipmunk or other random thing in my belly. And then he tells me "we don't eat babies." I'll leave it up to his parents to tell him how the baby got there, because I sure didn't eat it. Nick knows that's not how babies get in your belly.

Emma found a little stuffed bear and she would hold it up to my belly and ask me, "Does the baby like this? Does he want to play with it?" I'm sure he would love to play with it, but he's too busy swimming. She also asked me if he was wearing a diaper. Actually, she asked me if he was wearing a diapo, because r's are still kinda hard.

And Sydney (the one with the fish) is now into Twilight. She got the movie for Easter. So all the kids have seen the movie and know all the characters. Riley and Michael want me to name him either Edward, Jacob, or James. Or Edward James. Or any other combination of vampire names. Sorry kids, but we've already picked a non-vampire name - Benjamin.

Welp, that's about all I've got for today.

5 comments:

Jami said...

You look so DARN CUTE...Now I want to see pictures of your varicose veins........WHAT???......You don't have any???? :0)....Have a super day friend...Love Ya, Happy ANNIVERSARY!!!Have Fun Fishin...

Nichole said...

hey you crazy costco shopper! love pic but in person is DEFINITELY cuter =D

Shannah said...

You look absolutly adorable friend. Happy 1st anniversary, and make sure you eat some cookie dough or ice cream or something. This baby better be chunky! Love you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spencer and Mindy said...

haa haa! my journal entries are all that way too!!! Lvoe it

And SUPER CUTE CUTE pic!

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! you guys are too cute!