I think I may be in a bit of trouble. You see, Nick doesn't really like attention. He gets embarrassed pretty easily. And I'm sorry to say, this brings me much pleasure. I don't know why, but I really enjoy embarrassing him in front of his coworkers, if you remember last Valentine's Day. I know, it's not very professional, but they get a kick out of it too.
So it turns out that the only person at work that knows I'm pregnant is his boss. And Nick didn't come right out and tell him; John figured it out because Nick "had to go to a doctor appointment with my wife." A couple times. And nobody goes ANYWHERE during tax season. Well, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. But Nick didn't want to tell "the women" in the office, because they would make a big deal out of it. So I decided to tell them for him. What better way than with chocolate?
I found this idea on a blog, and I decided to try it out. I made a cake, half orange and half green. I tried to make it pink and blue, but yellow batter doesn't color quite the way I want it to.
Then I dipped them in chocolate, and colored some white chocolate pink and blue. This time, it really is pink and blue.
Then I stuck some creepy plastic babies on a couple of them. Last weekend when Brookie was here, she wanted to play with them and wasn't very happy when I took them away.
Nick told me not to put the babies on, but I knew that a bunch of accountants wouldn't be able to figure it out without something obvious like that. So I took them to his office this afternoon and gave them to the receptionist. She said she would put them in the break room. Then I went to Nick's office to talk to him for a few minutes. Pretty quick, an email popped up: "Karalynn brought in some baby treats". I figured that was a good time to leave so I wouldn't get caught in the teasing. Nick told me to shut his office door on my way out. Sorry Nick, but that little door won't keep them away.



4 comments:
Those really are some creepy babies! I'm about 150 percent positive your baby is going to be a heck of a lot cuter than those things.
oh that's so FUNNY! and those treats look so YUMMMMMY!!! *but agree: the baby's are very CREEPY haa haa!
KAH~UTE!!!!
I am soooo impressed with your baking skills friend! Those look way yumo!
Post a Comment