Last Saturday, Nick got home from work and decided he wanted to go car shopping. We have been talking about buying a new car, but not until this summer. Don't get me wrong - the car works just fine now. But there's just something about being an old married woman, driving my husband's car from high school. It's time.
Anyways, back to car shopping. We went to a couple car lots to test drive.
First excuse: "Honey, this will be your car, so you just tell me which one you like and that's the one we'll get." Sounds too good to be true, right? That's because it is. I found a car that I liked and he found a (different) car that he liked. Now he wants me to compromise - and by compromise, he means change my mind so I want the same car he does.
Second excuse: "It's a sporty car and you look so sexy driving it." Lies! Well that's not true. It is a sporty car, and I do look pretty good :) But I'm not an idiot (I'm a college graduate!), I know an ulterior motive when I see one. Or hear one.
Third excuse: "Let's go buy you a new car." I think what he really wanted to do was talk politics and economy with the salesmen. But I guess I can't blame the poor guy. He slaves away at work all day long, then when he comes home and tries to talk about it with me, I tune him out after a few minutes. But the salesmen, well they probably enjoy talking about it too, but even if they didn't, they want to make the sale so they at least act interested in the conversation. Either way, he has their complete attention and they can't escape because they are in a moving vehicle and I'm driving. It's the perfect scheme.
In conclusion, we went home empty-handed. Nick hasn't quite convinced me that I want a Pontiac G6 (I don't like the red lights on the dash), and I haven't quite convinced him that he wants a Hyundai Sonata (he says it doesn't have a big enough motor). Even though what he wants shouldn't be a factor, as explained in the first excuse.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Excuses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
HAHA....this post cracks me up....and since I am not your mother I will not tell you what to do....but I know this awesome guy...(I think you know him too)....that you can tell him what kinda car and he will get it for you for a fraction of the cost of the stupid car lots....ANYWAYS...I am pretty sure you know this.....The end!!!
haa haa! that's a GREAT post! you need to get the Hyundai (we have the santa fe). they make GREAT vehicles! and the sonota is so cute!
You have finally been married long enough! (: This post cracks me up. Stay strong and get what you want.
AW! screw the economy and go crazy! get a brand new mustang =D
You guys are so funny! I for sure need to give you some tips on how you get your way!
M'kay, I loved this post. Cracked my right up. You two should make the car decision while he is a sleep. That way he still talks alot, but you are in complete control!
Post a Comment