I have a confession called: It took me all day to clean my house.
And no, not because my house is really big. It's actually pretty small - I mean cozy. I can plug the vacuum in one spot and vacuum the entire house. And it wasn't because I scrubbed everything. I just did the basic cleaning. It took me three times as long to do something that should have taken, well, a third of the time.
So why did it take so long to clean, do you ask? That's because I was scared of the toilets. I was stalling, trying to think of any and every reason not to clean them. I could give you the long, detailed reason for my fear. But to save you and keep me from gagging (like I was when I was cleaning), I will give you the short, undetailed reason. You see, Nick and I both had the flu this week. We spent a couple days laying in bed and taking turns running to the bathroom. Don't get me wrong; I'm grateful that all the action occurred in the bathroom, over the toilet, instead of in the hallway. I had to keep reminding myself of that while I was scrubbing the throne. But don't worry - I conquered my fear and I got it done. Now it's so clean and sparkly, you could eat off it. But I wouldn't recommend it.
And now on to a semi-related but not nearly as disgusting rant: my vacuum. When we got married, Nick had this cheapy vacuum. Well, let's just say that I shed a teensy bit. Nick is pretty patient and tolerant, but it drives him nuts when there is hair all over the house. (Sorry hon, you're going to have to get used to that.) Anyways, there was a battle between the cheapy vacuum and my hair. Hair - 1, vacuum - dead. That's right, my hair killed the vacuum. Got tangled up in it and broke something or burned something up or something. I am ashamed to admit that it's not the first time. I have a sturdy old vacuum (it was my grandma's) that can handle my hair, but I think Nick wanted a new one. So my sweet in-laws gave us a new vacuum for Christmas. It was very kind of them to do, but I have mixed feelings about this vacuum.
That's right, it says "made for Homes with Pets". Seriously? I know we need more than a pansy vacuum, but a vacuum for pets? I know I'm hairy - my mom says it comes from my Norwegian ancestors. They had to have lots of hair to stay warm during the winter. I don't know if that's the truth or just a lie to pacify me (probably a lie). My in-laws say they got it because it was a good deal and a good quality vacuum, not because I shed like a dog. I don't know if that's the truth either.
We've had it for two months, and so far so good. I'll let you know if my hair ever wins the battle with this one...



4 comments:
Get a DYSON Animal! You'll LOVE it...
Ha Ha!!! That's SO funny! We have the same problem!! Especially since after having a baby! I wonder if I'll wake up one day and be bald!! Remember how thick our hair use to be and when we would have our moms do the ponytail braid thing?!?! Oh memories!! I do remember wrapping my braid around my neck for fear that it would be flushed down the toilet when I went.....that's a fun image....
Karalynn,
That's totally funny. I love vacumming...that's my favorite job. My hair sheds like crazy too and I will probablly be bald by the time I am 30. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Love,
Em
Thats so funny! I totally need one of those for my short-haired pet (Jared) Poor kid sheds his hair like crazy. Its always all over his pillow and he tries to put it back on his head but it doesn't work. Ha ha!
Post a Comment