Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good News and Bad News

Actually, I guess that depends on who you talk to. For me, it's all good news. For Nick, it's all bad news.

1. The Pontiac is no longer in the car lot. Either it has been sold, or someone just happens to be test-driving it every time Nick drives by.

2. I think I've finally talked Nick into letting me paint the walls. You see, everything is WHITE, just the way he likes it. Unfortunately for him, I need a little more color. This is something I've been threatening for several months now, but never actually done anything about.

But the other day, Davin came over to play. He found a snag in the carpet and pulled on it for a while until he could get little pieces to eat. Just so you know, I had fed him not very long before, so it wasn't out of survival. I think it was the fact that this blue-gray mess covering the entirety of my house lured him in, and he caved. At least that's what happens to me when I find myself craving a piece of carpet...

Actually, Nick has been wanting to get new carpet ever since he bought the place. In fact, he was planning to use his tax season bonus last year to buy new carpet. Instead he ended up buying this huge rock on my finger. I think he made a wise choice :)

Enough of that - back to the paint. We've been discussing carpet lately (that's the plan for this year's tax season bonus), and it only makes sense to paint the walls BEFORE you put new carpet in. If you don't, you are destined to drip paint on brand new carpet somewhere.

Oh and another good news - we have found something new to fight about. For the first six months of marriage (plus the nine months of dating), we could fight about school. Now that school's over (yay!), we have had nothing to fight about for the last month.

Now enter the paint. I want to paint everything, he wants to paint just the baseboards. The car fight doesn't count because it didn't last long enough. Although I would like to point out that I did win that one, even if it was by default. Who knows who will win the paint fight. Will we have white walls or colored walls? Only time will tell.

But, with the wise and warning words of my sister, "If you want to have a power struggle, you know who'll win." Amen.

9 comments:

Blake and Annie Nielson said...

My question is, if the walls do get painted who is painting them? Because if YOU paint, it helps your argument cuz he won't have to do anything. And if you need help I will be willing:) Oh wait I mean Michelle will be willing. Or someone like unto her. (sorry I live so far my dear)

Jami said...

HAHa!!! Hey, we must be friends because we have the same blog background and think I had mine first :)..I don't know maybe not :)!!!! Anyways, you hilliarious.....Nick just wants to put up a fight so you have to "make-up", I know how he works!!!

Toni said...

tell him he can have white base boards and colored walls that way you both win.

Jenni said...

What color does Nick want to paint the baseboards? Aren't they usually white, stained wood, or a non-color neutral? A house needs color. You are using logic on him which is best. It just makes complete sense to paint the walls before you put down new carpet.

Nichole said...

this is what the painter told Ned. if you hate it, just paint over it. he's also a white wall man but when I painted our "accent wall" in Hollister, he really liked it. So ease Nick in with just one accent wall then you can do the whole thing after he's acclimated =D

Lacy said...

I Love Anita Stansfield as well. I think my next book escape shall be Emma. Thanks.

Derek and I have the same vies on paint as you and your nick. He is for white..I am not. We decided to paint one room first and for some reason he gave in to colored walls. I think because it was the guest bedroom that he wouldn't be in alot. Anyway, he loves it! We kept did a light green called Anjou pear and reapainted the base boards bright white. I think that Nick will like it when you paint the walls.

I loved your comment on my crazy post. I could totally hear your sister daying the in my mind. You're right,k it was the perfect opportunity. :)

Lacy said...

wow, I really need to check my typing before I post. Hope you understood that.

Spencer and Mindy said...

PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT!!!! AND THEN GET A PUPPY! ;)

Jared & Shannon said...

You are so funny friend! I say new paint and new carpet and in that order. I must warn you, when we painted our apartment we got so sick of painting. Not my favorite and I am a bad painter so good thing my hubby did a good job. I don't envy the task you have ahead. Good luck!