Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend News

For some reason, I feel like I can't post anything without a picture. Well, I have no pictures from the weekend, but I do have some news. Well, not really "news" - I just want to share the happenings of this past weekend.

I really wanted to go see the new Batman movie this weekend. But, they were talking about the premiere on the news and showed pictures of people standing in line for hours to get in, so Nick said no - too many people. And I didn't have my batman suit. So instead, we scrounged up ALL the pennies, nickels, and dimes in the entire house (the quarters all went in my purse) and went to the coinstar machine and got some cash. $16.66! Impressive I know. So we bought some ice cream (Dreyer's Take the Cake - heaven!) and rented a couple movies at the Redbox.

10,000 BC and Cloverfield. We watched BC on friday night. I really enjoyed it. We only had to stop it a few times so I could explain to Nick what just happened. And of course, he fell asleep at the end so I had to tell him how it ended. But he liked it too. Then we made a long list of fun things we wanted to do on Saturday. Of course we had to fit in studying for my test and preparing Nick's sunday school lesson (his new calling - 16 & 17 year olds). But on Saturday we got up and neither one of us wanted to do anything on the list. So we just kinda bummed around and drove each other nuts. We had to get out of the house, so we went and returned BC. Exciting, I know.

Then we watched Cloverfield. HORRIBLE! Do not watch it! It made us both sick. It was an hour and twelve minutes of someone running around with a video camera - not even kidding. You know the type: they move too fast, bounce around, don't really focus on anything. Then throw in a giant spidery monster attacking Manhattan. Total waste of a dollar plus tax. Nick did get a good nap in though. He doesn't watch movies very well - he always falls asleep.

It was just before 9:00 when we finished the movie, so we decided to go and return it so we wouldn't waste another dollar plus tax on a stupid movie. Then we went to Texas Roadhouse! Heaven. I live for their rolls and loaded sweet potato. And the steak is good, too.

1 comments:

Nichole said...

ah the married life excitement!!!! hahaha...love it