So lately I've been trying to find new and exciting recipes to try. I found this Rachael Ray one and made it last night, and we loved it! So I have to share it with you.
Coconut Mango Chicken with Black Beans
Ingredients:
1 T oil
1 lb chicken, cut into strips
2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 c chicken broth
1 c coconut milk
1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
salt and pepper
2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed
2 T lime juice
Directions:
In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the coriander, and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth, lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, scraping up any browned bits; transfer to a plate. Add the coconut milk to the skillet, increase the heat and boil to reduce by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the mango and cook until warmed through. Return the chicken to the skillet, toss and remove from the heat; season with salt and pepper.Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, simmer the black beans over low heat. Stir in the lime juice.Divide the beans among 4 plates. Top with the chicken.
p.s. the recipe called for mint, but I didn't like it so I left it off.
Coconut Mango Chicken with Black Beans

Ingredients:
1 T oil
1 lb chicken, cut into strips
2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 c chicken broth
1 c coconut milk
1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
salt and pepper
2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed
2 T lime juice
Directions:
In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the coriander, and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth, lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, scraping up any browned bits; transfer to a plate. Add the coconut milk to the skillet, increase the heat and boil to reduce by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the mango and cook until warmed through. Return the chicken to the skillet, toss and remove from the heat; season with salt and pepper.Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, simmer the black beans over low heat. Stir in the lime juice.Divide the beans among 4 plates. Top with the chicken.
p.s. the recipe called for mint, but I didn't like it so I left it off.



7 comments:
Send in this recipe for the family newsletter. It looks delicious.
Aunt U
Looks tasty Ms. Betty Crocker but you lost me at mango....have you tried it with another fruit? Hmmmm...
holy crap that looks D lite ful!!!!!!!!!
ooh just buy reading the title and seeing the picture it looks like a winner. I will try it soon. Thanks for sharing.
I need updates...
this recipe has been up for so long, now i have to try it. thanks for being persistent, or lazy hahaha!
Hello...are you still ALIVE...just checking....
Post a Comment