Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our first married camping trip

After the reception on friday night, we borrowed Nick's parent's camper and went to the lake. It was so fun! Saturday morning we went fishing (surprise). I always have to take a picture of the lake, I just think it is beautiful.

We weren't very successful that day. I caught two fish. Here is a pic of the first one. I know it doesn't look all that great (he was only about 3 pounds), but you should all be really impressed. You see, this is a white fish, and you don't catch white fish very often on Bear Lake. I know, I really am amazing.
Here is the second one. He was 10 pounds. We didn't do a very good job posing for this picture.And of course, one more picture of the lake at sunset.
So here's a story for you. Nick and I were innocently sitting by our campfire just after this picture, roasting smarshmallows and minding our own business. All of the sudden, three kids came ripping through our campsite on a rhino. No, not a rhinoceros, it's a side-by-side fourwheeler. Like a mini jeep. Anyways, they were drunk, really drunk. They stopped to talk to us and Nick told them to leave. So they tried, but hit a big rock. Then they tried to back up and turn around, and hit a tree. So they finally left, and we could hear them driving through the rest of the campground causing problems. Well, we were a little irritated. Besides the fact that if either of us had been walking around, we probably would have been hit, and they almost hit our car, it was just annoying. So we decided to call the cops. They actually sent someone out to check it out. So we snuck over to where the action was. We didn't get too close and couldn't hear much, but they had driven the rhino off this little cliff, so they weren't going anywhere. The cops were there for a while, then we heard one of the kids say "these are cool cops!" and then the cops left. I was so mad! Why is it that if I park my car a little too close to the curb, I get a parking ticket. But they are clearly intoxicated and driving around and get a little warning? Not cool. The only comfort I could find was that the rhino probably belonged to one of the kids' parents, and they weren't going to be very happy about them crashing it. The end.

3 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

Go Dixie State Rebels!
And Way lame about the Drunks! how annoying! but the lake is beautiful!!

Oh and congrats on the WHITE fish! whohoo

Jami said...

Hey Smart Butt--if your title said "The Jensen Family" then my side bar would too....so HAH!!!

Nichole said...

aren't camping trips SO much more fun when you're married !?! thanks for the comments~check out my blog for details and updates