Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Update

Dear Family and Friends: Chuck had his chemo today. His blood was evidently high enough to get the treatment. He didn't see the Dr. this time. This is 6 of 6 and we have an appointment with Huntsman on October 8th for a PET scan. He is very tired most of the time but I think is overall doing fairly well. He has to wear the pump for 48 hours and that seems to be the chemo that makes his more sick. After 2 weeks he should start feeling better and then we are going to party party. Okay maybe not too much but it will be nice to have him feel a little better. We had Chuck's family reunion at our house and it was a lot of fun. He got tired but overall I think did very well. He sure enjoyed having his family around. His fistula is almost closed again but still is an inch deep. The last time we talked to the surgeon she felt the only way it will heal will be to do a colostomy and if that is what it takes that is fine. The hard part is that it is another surgery to do. He says that after the PET scan we will have a frank discussion about life expectancy before we do more surgery. I will let you know if there are any changes or even anything interesting happening. We love and appreciate you all. Love, Jolene

2 comments:

Jami said...

Hope things start looking TONS better! I always think about your daddy-o! I Love that guy!

Nichole said...

Been out of the blog loop. So sad to read about your Dad. Just keep swimming Dora says. Big hugs from McCall!