Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Playing with Grandpa

Mom and Dad came up to visit a couple weeks ago. I think two weeks ago? Anyways, Ben and Grandpa went out to play.

Ben is getting old enough now that Grandpa is fun and not scary anymore. When he was littler it was the other way around. Oh and I do have one thing to say about Grandpa. Remember this post about "watching vs taking care" of a child? Well, he redeemed himself. Ben was taking a nap, so Mom and I ran to the store and left Dad home. I told Dad to call me when Ben woke up and we would come home. Well Ben woke up and Dad called. Ben has a poopy diaper so hurry home. We hurried home. I went to change his diaper and it was already clean. I thought it was poopy? Turns out, Grandpa changed a poopy diaper. Yes, that's what I said. No, it wasn't a typo. I even saw the proof in his diaper pail. A diaper with a pile of used wipes on top of it. Mom said that was the first time he has ever changed a diaper. Of course, when his kids were in diapers, they were all cloth, and I don't blame him for not wanting to change one of those. All I'm saying is that I was very proud of him.

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I'm not sure if I'm more proud of your dad for chaning Benjamin's diaper or for going all those years without changing a single diaper. Very impressive.

Jami said...

HAHA!!! Go Grandpa Chuckie :)!!! He just wants to butter Benjamin up so he will change Grandpa's diapers when the time comes ;)!!!