Mom and Dad came up to visit the weekend before Christmas. Our ward choir did a Christmas program that Sunday, and since I'm the accompanist, I played a lot. I thought they might like to see that all those years of paying for piano lessons weren't a complete waste. And while they were here, Mom helped me make Christmas jammies. Ok, so Mom pretty much did it all and I just sat there like a dumb lump. No that's not completely true. I did contribute in my own special way. I did sew a few things, and finished up the hems. And I did the snaps! I'm really glad she helped, because there was no way I could have gotten it all done by myself. When I get around to posting about Christmas, you will get to see them. In my defense, Ben spent the last month on antibiotics because he had two ear infections, so I was a little busy taking care of him.
I was a little nervous about leaving Ben with Grandpa. Dad is really good at watching kids - it's the "taking care of them" part that he struggles with. For example, we had a big family picture taken at Thanksgiving. We were at Kim Critchfield's studio, and Dad was supposed to be watching Ben. Well, he watched him tip over a candle and spill wax all over the floor and his brand new little suit. He sees the catastrophe coming, but does nothing to prevent it.
Luckily, everyone and everything were all in one piece and unharmed when we got back.



2 comments:
Oh I LOVE IT!! I need to come visit your mom and dad one of these days....better yet maybe you should come visit them and then call me :) and then I will come!!! Love Them and I love you!
Your dad looks great. We keep him in our prayers. How fun for them to visit. I'm excited to see pics of your jammies that you made. Well that your mom made anyway:) Happy New Year I'm glad we're friends!
Post a Comment