Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 4: My Sweet Ride

We bought a new (well, it's new to me) car in April, but I decided that I needed another new car. This is my brand new 2009 Chevy Tahoe. Pretty sweet right? Ok so if you know even a little bit about my husband, you know that that would never happen - he's too cheap. I mean frugal. Anyways, my car is in the shop getting fixed. It's still under warranty, so they gave me a rental. They were going to give me a little car until I told them I needed something big enough to fit a car seat, so this is what I got.

The plastic cover (or is it glass? I have no idea) on my instrument panel is cracked, so we wanted to get it replaced. Seems pretty simple right? Just take it off and put a new piece in it. Oh no, it can't be that easy. They have to order a whole new instrument panel and replace the whole thing. I had to take my car in the other day so they could see the mileage they needed to order it with, but then I couldn't drive my car and add more miles on so I had to leave it there until they could get the part in and replace it.

Too bad I have to take my Tahoe back this afternoon. It's really fun to drive.

3 comments:

Jami said...

HAHA!!! When I read the first few sentances I was thinking to myself...WOW, NICK...I can't believe he would do that!!! THEN....you came out with the truth!!! IT sure is a nice vehicle though!! I would like to have something like that one of thesedays...years....lifetimes ;)!!!...

Spencer and Mindy said...

i was thinking the same thing! wow! wreck your car more often so you can drive that!! lol

i bet it was fun while it lasted...(until you have to fill it with gas) lol

Nichole said...

suh-weet! getting spoiled. he'll have to crack when you have 10 kids. go big or go home eh?!? hahaha