Ok, I didn't really win. But I did get second place! I filled out Nick's March Madness bracket for work. Which I don't get because the most important games are in April. Anyways, at first, everyone in the office was making fun of him because he was doing really bad. But turns out, all my research and countless hours of watching college basketball payed off.
You don't believe that? Well, you're right. I picked the winning teams based on pertinent things like:
I have been there and I liked it
I haven't been there but I want to
I like the name of that college
That team has pretty colors
I chose North Carolina to win because that's where my aunt lives. What better reason than that? And if Connecticut had won on Saturday, I would have won first place and $300. I chose Connecticut to win that game because I like to say it with all the C's - Connect - i - cut. See, it's fun.
Now I have the satisfaction of knowing that I know more about college basketball than all the big sports nuts in Nick's office, and $80 in my pocket. Ok, so I don't know more, but I am a better guesser than they are.
Add that to the fact that I got a really good parking spot today (because I know how to parallel park and that other girl didn't), and it makes for a great day.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I Won!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment