As of Saturday, April 19, 2008, we are officially engaged! We had planned a trip to Paris (Idaho) for the weekend to see his family and - of course - to go fishing. Nick has been going through fishing withdrawals the past few months because he has been working so much. Nick was supposed to pick me up at 12:30 on Friday afternoon so we could leave. I had it all planned out - we were going to go to lunch with my parents, run a few errands, and still get to Paris at a decent time.
So he came to pick me up and said he had bad news. One of the partners scheduled him for a meeting at 1:30 for at least an hour or two so he wouldn't be able to leave until way later. Well, I was a bit frustrated. But I can't get mad at him for something he can't control at work. So he took me to lunch then went back to work. I threw a little fit and complained to anyone who would listen. But he finally finished so we headed out. We stopped in Twin to see my fam, and got to Paris pretty late.
Turns out winter hasn't ended yet. In Paris, there is still a ton of snow, and Bear Lake is a sheet of ice. It's nuts! So we couldn't go fishing like Nick wanted to, so we went to this little pond and fished for a bit. I caught a fish but Nick didn't :) so we left and went back home. My dad gave me a new shotgun for my birthday, so we went and shot clay pigeons to test it out. So fun! I'm a pretty good shot.
Anyways, after we did that Nick took me on a drive to see the lake. It was really pretty. We went to this one beach where we went fishing for his birthday and went for a little walk. Then he got down on one knee. At first I thought he was trying to be funny and do what Jim did on the Office last week, "Pam, will you wait for me while I tie my shoe?" but he looked nervous and was reaching for his pocket. I said "are you serious?" and started crying. Then he said "Karalynn, will you marry me?" and got the ring out. I said it's so beautiful and he tried to put it on my finger. Turns out it was my right hand, so I had him put it on my left hand. He asked me if I was going to say yes, and I said "of course I'll marry you!" It was so sweet.
He told me later that he didn't really have a work meeting to go to. Jeff the jeweler had called right when he was leaving work and said that the ring was in and they would have it ready next Thursday. Nick wanted it for this last weekend, so Jeff said they could have it sized and ready in about four hours. Nick told him that we were going out of town so that wouldn't work either. So Jeff said they could put a rush on it and have it in an hour. So Nick made up the story about going back to work and went to the jewelry store! I got mad and threw a fit on Friday for nothing, but it was definitely worth it!
We are getting married June 6 in the Idaho Falls temple. I'm so excited!
Monday, April 21, 2008
I'm engaged!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Congrats!! I'm so excited for you. You totally deserve a great guy like Nick (or at least he seems great from all of your stories). I wish you two the very best!
Oh yay!! I loved the Office Reference! too funny!
and CONGRATS AGAIN! you guys are so Stinkin cute! i love all your stories of all the cute things he/his family/ you/ your family have all done for eachother!
yay!!
I'm so excited. Thanks for sharing the details. Congratulations!!
Mandy
Oh...Your a DORK....Love ya...I can't believe Nick is going to put up with you for ETERNITY!!!! Does he know what he is getting into....Will your first meal together be TOOLEY HOOGEN??? Just curious~
Congrats friend! I have been waiting all day hoping you would update your blog about all the details since you have been too busy to return my texts (I understand though) and then finally you did. What a cute little story and I am glad that you found such an awesome guy! I love you and I can't wait to see you June 6th!!!!!
I'm so happy and excited for you!!! So fun planning a wedding :o) Love you lots and we'll talk soon!
PS We need a close up of that rock ha ha
WOO HOO!!!!!!! I knew you'd find the perfect man. Everybody else was just warm ups ;P
I'm SO happy for you my friend. Idaho Falls Temple ROCKS THE HOUSE!!!!!! But of course I'm a little biased.
My advice (unsolicited is the best kind right), get the whole she bang (hair, makeup, nails, tuxes for EVERYBODY, huge reception line, dancing, all the traditional) I really wish our had been more formal.
I SO happy I've messed mah-self. BYE! ;P
Congrats girl!!
Oh Karalynn!!!!!! I ammmm sooooo excited for yoU!! I was about to cry! Don't worry, I'm just extra emotional these days! The ring is pretty and that is way sweet! I am so happy for you two!
Yay, now I can horray you not in secret! Your mom couldn't help but spill the beans earlier. She was bursting with joy. I'm REALLY happy for you. Nick..you have a GRRREAT one! and I LOVE POLKADOTS!
Post a Comment