Last weekend, we took our cute little camper up to Arrowrock to go camping. Ben has been so excited to go camping. He has wanted to hook Daddy's truck to the trailer for a long time, and then we finally did. He was so disappointed when we got to our camping spot, parked, and unhooked the trailer from the truck. Apparently, for him, camping only happens when you're driving. I don't think he quite gets the concept. The weather was bad so we stayed inside a lot, but still managed to play outside some and eat some good grub.
We had a little kite that Ben was flying by the river. I kept telling him to hold on tight, and he did for a while. Then he let go, and the kite floated away and landed in the water. We were hoping the wind would blow it to shore, but it sank. Sorry Ben, no more kite. A couple hours later, our camping neighbor came over. He had been fishing when the kite drama occurred. It got caught on his line, so when he reeled it in he had a kite and a fish. I guess it's a good fishing kite because that was the only fish he caught all weekend.
We roasted a few marshmallows one night. I let Ben hold his own stick. I showed him where to hold it so the marshmallow would roast. As soon as I let go, he would just poke it right in the middle of the fire and burn it right up. Then he would go get a fresh marshmallow to eat. Repeat a few times. I finally made him quit - I just couldn't bear to see another marshmallow suffer such a tragic fate.
There was a big crazy family close by too. They had several young hooligans running around. Ben loved playing with "my kids". This little girl was running around in the sticks, rocks, and broken glass wearing footie pajamas. I asked her where her shoes were. She said, "these don't need no shoes". Ben was wearing shoes, socks, and a coat, but maybe I was just being overprotective.
Thursday, May 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Glad to see a few posts from ya! Glad you are enjoying your husband being home ;)...you should come to Malta and go camping....just sayin!!!
love love love love love love those 2 cute lil boys of yours!
Post a Comment