One problem with having a c-section is that the birth story isn't very exciting. So I will try to add as much drama and suspense as I can. And a few - ok a lot - of pictures in between to liven it up a bit.
We got up super early and went to the hospital. We checked in. They started doing all the surgery prep stuff. I had to drink a shot of some nasty orange stuff, I don't remember what it was for. An antacid maybe? Doesn't matter. I now supposedly know what really bad tequila tastes like. At least that's what the nurse told me it tastes like.
After all the poking and prodding was done, we were off to surgery. During the surgery, the doctors were talking about what their kids dressed up as for Halloween the night before. I wanted to tell them to quit yakking and pay attention to what they were doing, but I refrained. I visited with the anesthesiologist a bit, and he told me what they were doing to me. Somewhere in there I threw up the nasty orange stuff. They cut me open and out popped a baby!
I wore a pretty "fall risk" bracelet for a day until I could show the nurses that I could walk safely down the halls. It got a little annoying getting in trouble every time I wanted to get up. And I had to get rid of those stupid leg massagers. I know they are supposed to prevent blood clots, but seriously, they are obnoxious. Every time the nurse came in, she would put them on my legs. I left them on as long as possible, then I would take them off after she left.
That night I got into bed, started to roll over, felt my incision pop, and then I was covered in blood. Nick and I both panicked for a minute. Turns out I had a seroma, like a fluid pocket that had built up under my incision. It opened up and drained out, which they tell me is a good thing when you have a seroma. So I have spent the last two weeks with a hole in my stomach, and Nick has to pack it twice a day with gauze. It is healing up nicely and there is no infection, so hopefully it should only take a couple more days. Hopefully.
That's all of the gross stuff. Nick's mom stayed to take care of Ben (and Nick) while I was in the hospital and she left Saturday morning. Mom and Dad came back up Friday night. Dad left Tuesday morning and Mom left Wednesday afternoon. I was all alone all day Thursday and Friday, and I survived! I think I can handle being a mother of two. Boys. Yikes.
I think that's about it. Isaac is such a good baby. He hardly ever cries, and he wakes up once in the night to eat. I love to snuggle and kiss him and he tolerates it all very well. Now I'll quit and you can just look at the rest of the pictures.



5 comments:
Isaac is a doll! I'm so glad he has been a good baby for you. And thanks for making me afraid if I do have another kid that something horrible sounding will happen like it did to you! Ugh! I hope it heals quickly! (And you're welcome for not posting the butterfly picture. I thought you might not want me to, although I thought it was very cute! If I remember (ha!) I will send it to you).
Holy Smokes, he is ADORABLE! I love those poochy little lips too. I'm so glad you have a cuddler. None of mine were cuddlers and I always wished I had at least one good cuddler. Hope he stays good and that you heal well. Good luck and CONGRATS!!!
CUTE little guy you got there friend!!! Hope all is well and I hope to talk to you one of these years!!!
Friend he is so adorable! I loved your birth story because it was so similar to mine especially how casual the talk is in the operating room as they are cutting you open :) but not the part about you busting open with the seroma. That sounds awful. I am glad that all is well and that you are surviving 2 boys. They are both so so cute! Love you and miss you!
oh he's just so dang handsome! glad everything went well (minus the bursting open with seroma part..eek)
Post a Comment