A couple weeks ago, we went to the pumpkin patch. Ben loved this hot walker swing so much, he had to go on it twice. The second time was right before we left, and I think if they had let him stay on it a little longer, he would have fallen asleep. He was pretty relaxed. One thing about my crazy kid - as soon as the ride was over, all the other kids go running to their parents. What does mine do? He goes straight to the motor to check it out and see how things work. Something he inherited from his dad and both his grandpas.
He also loved the barrel ride. He was such a big boy, sitting all by himself. Nick told him to hold on, and his hands did not leave that spot.

Nick decided he needed to get his money's worth and find a gigantic pumpkin. If you look closely, you can see Ben's little head above the vines on the right side. He was trying so hard to keep up with his dad, but sometimes he got stuck in the vines. I gave up trying to keep up as soon as we started - that's why I'm so far away. Our trailer was being pulled by a pathetic excuse for a tractor, and got stuck in the mud. We all had to get off (with pumpkins) and walk for a ways so they could get out of the muddy spots. By that time, Nick was starting to question his decision to pick a 53 pound pumpkin.

Posing for a picture. I didn't ever take one of Nick with his trophy.

And a completely unrelated picture:

Nick decided it would be a great idea to go hunting and leave his 9-month pregnant wife for five days. But good news - he didn't shoot anything. So Ben and I packed up and spent the week with grandma and grandpa. And you can't visit grandpa without driving a tractor. Ben loved riding in the bucket, and grandma screamed the whole time.
2 comments:
Looks like a fun ride....I can just hear your mom laughing!
I guess I should say screaming...not laughing!
Post a Comment