Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Camping - September 18

That weekend, Nick was supposed to go on a camping trip with the scouts. I spent the afternoon getting food and stuff packed. Then it got cancelled. We decided that since most of the work was already done, we might as well go camping. So we loaded up our junk and the boat and took off. We went up to Lucky Peak, there are a bunch of docks everywhere picnic tables and little camping areas. During the summer it is super busy with all the play boats, but by then it had cooled off enough that we didn't have much competition. We had our pick of camping spots. I think mostly because the water level had dropped so much that it was quite a hike to get up to the camping spots. Ben and I stayed and put up the tent while Nick made a couple trips to bring everything up. He was such a trooper. I don't know if you can see it in this picture, but I circled Nick and the boat. It was a really long ways!

There were a few things we decided we didn't need so he wouldn't have to make another trip - like my air mattress. I wasn't very happy about that. It got a little chilly, but it was really fun. In the morning we packed up our stuff and took it back to the pickup, then we went fishing.We caught this one right away, and that was it.
A few ducks kept following us around. You could tell that they were experienced beggers, getting food from the boats all summer. I was throwing some crackers in for them and Ben was watching them very closely. I gave him a cracker to throw in, and he promptly put it in his mouth. He's no dummy!

0 comments: